This vegan macaroon recipe has been a huge hit with our friends and family! I found this recipe while my parents were visiting us in Phoenix. I wanted to make a natural vegan dessert for my dad and these turned out good enough that we had to make them again the next day! The original recipe called for just a pinch of chili powder and Sam thought that was sub-par, so when I asked him to make a second batch he loaded up on the spice. The rich chocolately honey flavor combined with the perfect spicy afterburn makes for a decadent dessert that can be thrown together in under ten minutes. Certainly doesn’t hurt that they are so perfectly bite-sized! Mmm.
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup cocoa
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp of chili powder (if sweet and spicy isn’t your thing, just throw in a pinch!)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp full fat coconut milk or Cashew Cream
- Preheat oven to 350° and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until JUST mixed. If you are using finely shredded coconut then you can just mix by hand, too.
- Grease a rounded tablespoon with a little coconut oil, then scoop up some of the mixture and press flat against the side of the bowl to pack it tightly.
- Tap the spoon on the pan, letting the cookie fall on to the cookie sheet. If necessary, use your fingers to fix the shape so that it is a nicely formed mound that holds together. Repeat with the rest of the mixture. You might need to clean off the tablespoon a couple times and re-grease.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before moving from the pan so they don’t break apart. I slide the parchment paper off the hot pan onto the counter for expedited cooling/eating.